Bauble Along 2021 runs from 11/11/21 through 1/8/22
We have some great sponsors, and I encourage you to check them out, and support them as you are able.
What's it all about, anyway?
This is the third year that we are Baubling Along. We hold this event to share our love of knitting Baubles and build community.
Each year, things change slightly, in hopes that we can be more inclusive. Last year, we added Facebook as a platform, to accomodate knitters who were not able to use the new Ravelry website. This year, I have decided that each completed Bauble counts as one entry. Knit 5 Baubles, that’s 5 prize entries. In prior years, participants needed to finish a set of Baubles to be eligible for prizes.
We will have prize drawings every Thursday, with the final one being a larger Grand Prize, including the prizes from our sponsors, noted above.
You may post about your Baubles on Facebook, Instagram, or Ravelry (or all three sites, if you want to be really festive)! And I hope you will share the news about the Bauble Along, so we can have a great big knitting group all working to trim our trees, presents, or garlands.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What size plastic ornament inserts did you use for your samples?
- I used 67 mm diameter (across) plastic ornaments.
- Where can I find plastic ornament inserts like those?
- Amazon or Michaels
- Where did you get your wire tree?
- Years ago (before Baubles!) I purchased a wire tree for my Mom off of Overstock.com. It came with 2 trees, so I packed one up and gifted the other. I had no idea that saved tree would become a celebrity!
- Do I need to buy something to participate in the Bauble Along?
- At this time, I don’t have any qualifying free Bauble patterns. I don’t want financial hardship to prevent anyone from participating, though. If you are unable to purchase a Bauble pattern, please let me know using the Contact form and I will send you one at no cost.